Poor ticket sales forces Innocent to abandon Olympic festival
Innocent has axed plans to host a festival to promote its sponsorship of London 2012 due to poor ticket sales.
Innocent Drinks: scrapping plans to revive summer festival
The Coca-Cola-owned smoothie brand had organised a Fruit Sports Day to take place in Regent’s Park on 22 July, ahead of the start of the Games. However, it has scrapped the event, citing an overcrowded summer schedule in the capital and ‘bad weather’ as reasons.
The event was expected to be similar to its Fruitstock and Village Fete events, which ran from 2003 to 2008.
Innocent had lined up a range of quirky activities, such as the ‘100m kiwi-and-spoon race’ and ‘peach volleyball’. Ticketholders will be refunded.
On its blog, Innocent said: ‘A busy summer along with a spell of bad weather have meant ticket sales haven’t been as good as we’d needed them to be to ensure a great day out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...