Coke and Burger King invite customers to mix their own drinks
Coca-Cola and Burger King are rolling out drink machines that let customers create their own flavours, mixed from more than 100 sparking and still brands.
Coca-Cola: rolls out self-service drink machines
Coke's Freestyle drinks machines allow customers to create their own soft drinks. They have proved a hit in the US and will now be rolled out in selected Burger King outlets in the UK.
The touch-screen machines have been designed in collaboration with Italian automotive company Pininfarina. They let consumers select one of Coca-Cola's soft drink brands and mix it with new flavours.
Coke claims consumers will have the choice of more than 100 sparkling and still brands, from Fanta to Coke to Sprite, with flavours such as cherry, vanilla, raspberry and peach, among others.
The machines will be introduced into 16 Burger King outlets in Greater London from the end of June until December, following a partnership between the two brands in the US.
Coke will use the trial period to assess consumer reaction to the machines and future potential opportunities for the product within the UK market.
Piers Skinner, director of customer management, Coca-Cola Great Britain & Ireland, said: "We are looking forward to trialling Coca-Cola Freestyle in partnership with Burger King UK and seeing consumer reaction to this new innovation.
"For more than 125 years Coca-Cola has sought to enhance consumer choice and experiences and today’s announcement is the latest example of that."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London