Ex-Camelot commercial chief lands Diamond Jubilee post
Former Camelot, Kraft and Somerfield marketer Phil Smith has been appointed to the lead marketing role for the Queen's Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant.
Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: takes place on Sunday 3 June
As commercial director, Smith will be responsible for raising sponsorship from brands to contribute to the overall £10m cost of the 1000-boat flotilla, which will sail down the Thames on Sunday 3 June.
Sainsbury’s has already signed up as a commercial partner, but Smith wants to bring more brands on board.
‘It’s going to be a momentous occasion,’ he said. ‘It is not just about getting cash from our corporate partners – it will allow us to use their marketing footprints to take the pageant to the world at large.’
The activity will act as a launch pad for a new charity, the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
The aim of the body is to raise £100m for projects related to education, culture and curable disease across the Commonwealth.
Smith’s appointment coincided with Monday’s 60th anniversary of the Queen’s accession to the throne.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...