BA suitcase race highlights Olympic spirit
There are plenty of jokes about airlines and baggage but British Airways is making the subject the focus of an Olympics-related TV ad, which features an international suitcase race.
British Airways: rolls out Olympic campaign
The ad will be released on Thursday (9 February). It features a girl's British bag racing luggage from other nations to the arrivals hall.
BA staff including baggage handlers, customer service agents and cabin crew, are all featured in the spot, which ends with the line, "2012. We're ready. To fly. To serve".
It will make its TV debut during 'Coronation Street on ITV1, but will premiere online on BA's Facebook page at 11am, followed an hour later on its Google+ page.
BA is stepping up its awareness of its London 2012 tier-one sponsorship with the TV, print, outdoor and online campaign by BBH, four years after it struck the £50m deal, and with just under 170 days to go until the Games start.
In addition to focusing on the Games, the campaign feeds into BA's recently introduced 'To Fly. To Serve' positioning.
The print ads reveal that in 2012, BA cabin crew will serve three Olympic-size swimming pools' worth of tea, BA engineers will fit enough cable on board to lap an Olympic track 80 times, and the airline will welcome onboard enough customers to fill 400 London Olympic Stadiums.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...