MasterCard extends Champions League sponsorship
MasterCard has announced it is to renew its sponsorship of the Uefa Champions League for a further three years.
MasterCard: has sponsored Champions League football since 1994
The payment company, which has sponsored the competition since 1994, has signed up as official partner until the end of the 2014-15 season.
MasterCard said it would use the extended deal to place a "renewed focus on the fans", including exclusive offers for cardholders through the UEFA Champions League MasterCard online store.
The brand said it would look to offer "bigger and better" experiences for fans based in cities where Champions League games take place. It will also enhance its social media activity around the tournament, in particular through its 'Witness History' Facebook page.
A MasterCard spokesman refused to confirm the value of the sponsorship deal.
Javier Perez, president of MasterCard Europe, said: "We are delighted to announce the renewal [of the sponsorship].
"Last season alone saw bank and merchant promotions in over 60 countries and this announcement ensures we can continue to reward existing and potential customers in new and innovative ways."
MasterCard is gearing up for next week's Brit Awards, with a competition offering consumers the chance to duet with their favourite artists.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...