HSBC signs four-year Cutty Sark sponsorship
HSBC has signed a four-year sponsorship of the recently restored Victorian merchant ship Cutty Sark, to highlight its own global trading heritage.
Cutty Sark: HSBC Group chairman Douglas Flint and Cutty Sark Trustee Lord Sterling
The sponsorship is timed to coincide with the re-opening of the Cutty Sark to the public on 26 April, after a six-year restoration project, prolonged by a fire in 2007.
HSBC wants to draw attention to the international trade roots it has developed since it was founded in 1865, five years before the ship made its maiden voyage to China.
The bank produced the first banknotes in Thailand and Persia, and financed major transport projects, including the first railways in China, and the Channel Tunnel.
Douglas Flint, HSBC group chairman, said: "The Cutty Sark is rightly known as the fastest and greatest of the old tea clippers. Today it is an emblem of Britain's heritage as a pioneer of global trade.
"Although times have changed, we still see trade as the biggest driver of economic and business growth. So while the Cutty Sark is an emblem of past glories, it is also a reminder of the opportunities and excitement that global trade represents."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...