Former Carlsberg marketer Roberts takes up cricket role
Former Carlsberg marketer Gareth Roberts has been hired by Warwickshire County Cricket Club with a brief to reposition its Edgbaston stadium as a multipurpose entertainment venue.
Edgbaston: seeking naming rights partner
Roberts, who was head of sponsorship at Carlsberg, will promote the 25,000-seater stadium in Birmingham as a venue for weddings, conferences and exhibitions. Roberts will also seek a naming-rights partner.
However, Warwickshire County Cricket chief executive Colin Povey said it was ‘unlikely’ the ground would host music concerts as it ‘does not fit’ with the organisation’s business model.
He has previously operated as director of sponsorship at rugby club London Wasps and chief executive at Leicestershire and Rutland County Football Association.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- International Senior Digital Media Planner - up to £30K! Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Just Digital £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Household / NPD Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, Southall