Former Carlsberg marketer Roberts takes up cricket role
Former Carlsberg marketer Gareth Roberts has been hired by Warwickshire County Cricket Club with a brief to reposition its Edgbaston stadium as a multipurpose entertainment venue.
Edgbaston: seeking naming rights partner
Roberts, who was head of sponsorship at Carlsberg, will promote the 25,000-seater stadium in Birmingham as a venue for weddings, conferences and exhibitions. Roberts will also seek a naming-rights partner.
However, Warwickshire County Cricket chief executive Colin Povey said it was ‘unlikely’ the ground would host music concerts as it ‘does not fit’ with the organisation’s business model.
He has previously operated as director of sponsorship at rugby club London Wasps and chief executive at Leicestershire and Rutland County Football Association.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...