Betfair to knock rivals for the first time in campaign
Betfair is to name rival bookies for the first time as part of its new Europe-wide marketing campaign.
Will Greenwood: former rugby international starred in 2011 Betfair ads
The value-led campaign, created in-house, makes use of Betfair's new strapline, 'Don’t Settle for Less', which is being rolled out across TV, print and online.
The campaign marks the first time that Betfair has made direct price comparisons against its competitors, which include William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet 365 and Paddy Power.
Peter Marcus, Betfair's UK managing director, said: "This is a simple campaign delivering the clear fact to both existing and potential customers, that Betfair offers far better value than the other bookmakers."
In August last year, Betfair radically overhauled its sport sponsorship activities by introducing four brand ambassadors.
The brand signed up former England cricketer Michael Vaughan, retired rugby star Will Greenwood, ex-footballer and now pundit, Lee Dixon, and racehorse trainer Paul Nicholls.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London