MasterCard extends Champions League sponsorship
MasterCard has announced it is to renew its sponsorship of the Uefa Champions League for a further three years.
MasterCard: has sponsored Champions League football since 1994
The payment company, which has sponsored the competition since 1994, has signed up as official partner until the end of the 2014-15 season.
MasterCard said it would use the extended deal to place a "renewed focus on the fans", including exclusive offers for cardholders through the UEFA Champions League MasterCard online store.
The brand said it would look to offer "bigger and better" experiences for fans based in cities where Champions League games take place. It will also enhance its social media activity around the tournament, in particular through its 'Witness History' Facebook page.
A MasterCard spokesman refused to confirm the value of the sponsorship deal.
Javier Perez, president of MasterCard Europe, said: "We are delighted to announce the renewal [of the sponsorship].
"Last season alone saw bank and merchant promotions in over 60 countries and this announcement ensures we can continue to reward existing and potential customers in new and innovative ways."
MasterCard is gearing up for next week's Brit Awards, with a competition offering consumers the chance to duet with their favourite artists.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Planner Source £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits & progression/training , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...