IHG fills 85% of Locog Olympic-allocated rooms
Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG), which owns hotel brands Holiday Inn, Intercontinental and Crown Plaza, has filled 85% of its Locog-allocated rooms for the London 2012 Olympics.
Holiday Inn: official hotel provider for the 2012 Olympic Games
IHG partnered with Locog (the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games) and allocated about 65% of its available rooms across its 35 London hotels for Olympic bookings, as part of its sponsorship deal for the London Games.
Holiday Inn is the official hotel provider for the event.
IHG has now said 85% of hotel rooms allocated for London 2012 are already booked.
The disclosure – likely to be welcomed by Locog – comes as IHG announced yesterday (14 February) that its operating profits had increased 26% for the year to 31 December 2011 to $559m (£355m), with overall revenues increasing 9% to $1,768m (£1.1bn).
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...