Brand Manager of the Week: Chris Hayler
Commercial and marketing manager, Southampton FC
Describe yourself in three words.
Just do it.
What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
A man with a van - no job too small.
What was your first job?
Dish-washer at a pub, though my first serious job was as a marketing executive at Virgin Atlantic.
How did you get your first job?
Understanding and researching the business always helps. I see it so many times in my role, where applicants think naming a few footballers will get them a job.
What was your finest hour?
This is slightly controversial as I now work at the club's arch-rival, but lifting the FA Cup with Harry Redknapp, while working for Portsmouth stands out. Having organised the parade where 250,000 fans turned out, this was a great end to a memorable day.
If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Facebook - a brand that has rewritten the rule book.
What is your favourite pub?
The Blue Bell, Emsworth, Hampshire, a quintessentially English pub with good beer and good cheer.
What's your favourite holiday destination?
Las Vegas - I had an extreme trip there this year and was blown away.
If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The World Cup final, but only if England were in it.
If you had three wishes, what would they be?
To lift the World Cup for England, ultimate knowledge and ability, and to time travel.
What headline would you most like to read in Marketing?
'Apple signs non-commercial shirt deal with Manchester United'. These are two huge brands that should work together.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER Digital Gurus £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...