Wimbledon to offer enchanced streaming of live tennis action from website this year
Wimbledon is to offer enhanced live action of this year's championships from its own website, in a drive to bring the Wimbledon brand to the fore
Wimbledon: official website to stream live action for the first time
The move follows the appointment of Richard Lewis as the new chief executive of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, which hosts the tournament. The former British Davis Cup player and current chairman of the Rugby Football League (RFL) takes over the role on 1 May.
It is thought that he is looking to make the Wimbledon brand more prominent.
Commercial chiefs at The All England Lawn Tennis Club are today (24 April) expected to make an announcement on details of the initiative, which involves an overhaul of the Wimbledon website, www.wimbledon.com.
The initiative is expected to include a new Wimbledon programme that can be streamed from the Wimbledon website and will be fronted by presenters. It will include clips of live coverage, player profiles and interviews.
The BBC holds the broadcast rights to screen Wimbledon until at least 2017.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 + Car, West Midlands
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...