Black Cats sign shirt deal with Invest in Africa
Sunderland Football Club has signed a deal with not-for-profit organisation Invest in Africa to be its new shirt sponsor, replacing gaming site tombola.
Sunderland AFC: Premier League club partners with Invest in Africa in shirt sponsorship
The deal marks the first time a Premier League football club has signed a shirt-sponsorship deal with a not-for-profit organisation as opposed to a charity. No financial details of the agreement have been disclosed.
The football club, nicknamed the 'Black Cats', said Invest in Africa would be the shirt sponsor for a minimum of two years, beginning next season.
Invest in Africa is a partnership of leading companies formed to promote business opportunities on the continent.
The organisation’s founding partner, Tullow Oil, is Africa's largest independent oil company.
Premier League clubs have previously signed shirt sponsorship deals with charities, such as Aston Villa's deal with Acorn, the children's hospice trust.
The move marks the first time that Invest in Africa has invested in sport.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London