Vauxhall exploits World Cup qualifier farce with tongue-in-cheek ad
Vauxhall has capitalised on the farrago surrounding Tuesday's rained-off England v Poland World Cup qualifier by bragging that its Cascada model's roof can close in 19 seconds and screening the ads on LED screens in Warsaw stadium during yesterday's rescheduled match.
Vauxhall Cascada: promoted during the England v Poland match in Warsaw
The England team lead sponsor moved quickly on Wednesday to commission the new LED advertising package that carried the message, "The Cascada – A roof that can close in 19 seconds".
The copy was a tongue-in-cheek jibe at Polish organisers, who had failed to close the Warsaw stadium's retractable roof earlier in the week, leading to a waterlogged pitch and a cancelled fixture.
Peter Hope, Vauxhall’s marketing director, said: "We always like to be proactive and tie together our car launches with our football sponsorship portfolio.
"This is a light-hearted campaign in which we can extol the virtues of the Cascada to a television audience of millions."
Vauxhall’s Cascada is a premium range "topper", which has a roof that can close in 19 seconds. It is due to launch in the first quarter of 2013.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...