Nike launches Kinect-based fitness programme
The fruit of Nike's latest tie-up with a technology brand, a fitness training programme for the Xbox with the Kinect motion sensor controller, launches in the UK today.
Nike+ Kinect Training: fitness training programme via the Xbox launches in UK
Nike+ Kinect Training is a personalised training experience, which combines Nike's elite athlete training with Kinect’s motion-sensor technology.
Users can set a goal, create a programme and measure their progress with Kinect technology and real-time feedback.
The tie-up comes six years after Nike and Apple got together to launch the Nike+iPod Sport Kit, a wireless system that allowed Nike+ footwear to connect to the iPod nano.
AKQA is Nike's strategic partner for the launch and built elements of the user experience, as well as a companion app which is available on iOS and Windows Phone from today (2 November).
Tesa Aragones, category director for digital sport at Nike, told Marketing that the new launch enabled Nike to target the fitness consumer for the first time, unlike previous Nike+ experiences which were sports specific.
She said: "Nike has always been about innovation, and the Nike+ in digital sports is trying to deliver information to consumers, to track their progress and get better athletes."
Aragones added that while other fitness titles already existed on Xbox, "what makes our product unique is that we have tried to create something which is very authentic to how we train our elite athletes, and extremely personal".
Nike is supporting the launch with a TV ad, created in conjunction with Xbox, but did not provide details of the on-air date. Nike and AKQA have created some teaser videos of the product, which feature Nike athletes Shawn Johnson and DeSean Jackson using the product.
Nike launched Nike+ Kinect training in the US earlier this week and is rolling it out globally.
Separately, Nike took out a cover wrap ad on today’s Metro, advertising its FuelBand, which launched in the UK in May this year.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...