Morrisons ups fuel ante with 15p-off offer
Morrisons has launched a national campaign today to promote its latest offer to customers of 15p off every litre of fuel if they spend £60 or more in-store.
Morrisons: 2011 Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff campaign
The press campaign, created by DLKW Lowe, is also promoting its Morrisons Miles Card, which offers 10 'Morrisons Miles' for every litre of petrol bought.
Customers who collect 5,000 points can redeem them for a £5 Morrisons shopping voucher.
The deal will run from today (23 February) until Sunday 11 March, and is being pushed under 'The great fuel Britannia' strapline".
Morrisons' latest fuel war is even more aggressive than the one it launched last year, which offered 6p off a litre when customers spent £40 in store.
The supermarket launched that deal last April in order to trump its rivals, after Sainsbury's began offering 5p off for those who spent £50 or more in-store and the Co-op offered a 5p discount to shoppers who spent £30.
Last year's 'Fuel Britannia' campaign was launched to play on the national pride generated by the Royal Wedding.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London