Samsung hires Jamie Oliver as Olympic brand ambassador
Olympic sponsor Samsung has signed up celebrity chef and former Sainsbury's brand ambassador as one of its ambassadors for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Jamie Oliver: secures deal with Samsung
Oliver will feature in advertising and PR activity for Samsung as the brand seeks to encourage participation in its upcoming London 2012 marketing campaign.
Samsung has already signed up David Beckham and Zara Phillips as its Olympic brand ambassadors in order to drive awareness of its digital activity supporting the Olympic Torch Relay and blogger programmes for the Games themselves.
Oliver was brand ambassador for Paralympic Games' sponsor Sainsbury's for 11 years and ended his association with the supermarket in December last year with an ad featuring a montage of the campaigns he was involved in.
Meanwhile, Beckham has partnered with Sainsbury's as part of its Active Kids campaign, in a deal reported to be worth £5m.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London