Costa strikes partnership with Kraft
Costa Coffee has struck a partnership with Kraft that involves the coffee chain selling capsules of its latte, cappuccino and Americano varieties in supermarkets.
Costa: partnering with Kraft to launch coffee varieties in supermarkets
The capsules are designed to be used with Kraft's Tassimo coffee-making machines.
Rival Starbucks previously had a global, commercial relationship with Kraft, which distributed Starbucks' packaged coffee. However, the deal ended in acrimony in 2010.
The Costa Coffee capsules (also known as discs) will be sold in latte, cappuccino and Americano varieties and are expected to be available in supermarkets by the end of the year.
It is unclear how much the discs will be priced at.
Heading up the partnership are Jim Slater, managing director of Costa Coffee's innovation unit, and Peter Seymour, marketing director of Kraft-owned Kenco.
Kraft's Tassimo system is sold by retailers including electronic stories.
Currently, Kraft-owned products such as Kenco and Carte Noire are sold as capsules.
Costa is to sell its coffee in supermarkets in a bid to take on rival Starbucks in retailer aisles.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Director - Shopper (2-3 months from July 1st) Stopgap £200 - £240 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...