Morrisons restructures marketing department after poor Christmas
Morrisons has appointed Nick Collard to the newly created group marketing and customer director position following the departure of commercial director Richard Hodgson.
Morrisons: Christmas 2012 campaign
Collard will have ultimate responsibility for marketing, own brand ranges, insight, loyalty, customer relationship management and format. He will sit on the management board and report into Dalton Philips, chief executive.
The supermarket parted ways with Hodgson in November over concerns its fresh food proposition was being insufficiently communicated and has now split Hodgson’s responsibilities into two separate roles.
Today Morrisons revealed a 2.5% decline in like-for-like sales for the six weeks to 30 December.
Collard has been promoted to the new role from his current position as marketing and operations director, which he was promoted to in April 2012 having previously been the commercial director for ambient and frozen.
Hodgson’s commercial responsibilities have been handed to Casper Meijer, who has taken on the position of group trading director after being poached from Dutch retailer Ahold.
Belinda Youngs, the supermarket’s own-brand director, has been promoted to the role of corporate brand marketing director and will report into Collard.
Morrisons marketing director Rebecca Singleton, who primarily focuses on advertising and in-store marketing, will report into Youngs.
Philips said: "Nick’s doing a great job in taking our marketing forward and now has the opportunity to lead one team integrating our own brand and customer engagement.
"The recent announcement of our partnership with Ant and Dec is a great sign of how Nick’s team can showcase the talent of Morrisons colleagues and the value they offer our customers."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...