Barclays prepares campaign for Pingit mobile payment app
Barclays is readying a marketing campaign to promote the launch of its Pingit app, which it claims is Europe's first person-to-person service for sending and receiving money using mobile phones.
Barclays: launches Pingit mobile payment app
The high-street bank has today (16 February) unveiled Pingit, which allows Barclays customers to send and receive money for free. By next month, Barclays plans to extend the mobile app to all UK current account-holders.
The Barclays Pingit app, available to iOS, Android and BlackBerry handsets, allows users to send money by simply entering a UK mobile phone number, rather than entering full bank details. The minimum payment is £1 and the maximum £300, with a daily receive limit of £5,000. The app itself is protected by a five-digit passcode, set by the user.
Guy Herrington, interim marketing director for Barclays UK Retail and Business Banking, said the innovation would provide a "core part" of its marketing activity over the coming 12 months.
He added: "Barclays Pingit clearly demonstrates our strategies of transforming financial services through innovation and making customers' lives much easier. It's a fantastic proposition that, by its nature, lends itself to the social and digital spaces driving word-of-mouth recommendations and viral growth."
Last week, it was revealed that Barclays had hired former Vodafone marketer David Wheldon as head of brand, reputation and citizenship across Barclays Group, to lead the brand's "citizenship" CSR programme and corporate reputation.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...