The scent of MacBook: artists create Apple fragrance
An artistic collaborative group has created the scent of Apple's MacBook Pro to recreate the aroma of an Apple product being opened for the first time.
Scent creators: image from the Air Aroma blog
Australia-based artists group Greatest Hits, comprising artists Gavin Bell, Jarrah de Kuijer and Simon McGlinn, created the scent in collaboration with fragrance company Air Aroma.
Greatest Hits claims a distinctive scent is created when unwrapping a new Apple product and claims Apple will recognise the smell.
The scent recreates the smell of the plastic wrap covering the box, printed ink on the cardboard, the smell of paper and plastic components inside the box and the smell of the aluminium laptop.
Professional perfume makers in France unboxed a new Apple MacBook Pro while making the fragrance in order to help them recreate the smell.
The fragrance will be on display at an exhibition in Melbourne from 20 April – 12 May.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Planner Source £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits & progression/training , London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...