Google hires first head of marketing for Google+ in EMEA
Google has appointed Cristian Cussen, former Myspace director content and marketing, as its head of marketing for its social networking service, Google+ in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Google: launched its first UK ad campaign for Google+ last month
Cussen joins Google from Ning, the customised social network building business. He joined the company in 2009 as director of business development, based in Palo Alto, California.
He moved to London over a year ago to take up the role of vice-president and managing director of Ning Europe and Latin America, in charge of expansion, marketing, business development and localisation.
Prior to Ning, Cussen was director of content and marketing for Myspace.
Cussen will start in the newly created role next Monday (30 April) and will be based in Google's Central St Giles office in London. Google has not confirmed details of what his role entails or who he will be reporting to.
Cussen's appointment comes shortly after Google launched its first advertising push for Google+ in the UK, with a TV and digital campaign, which leverages storytelling to demonstrate the product.
The TV ad, created by Adam & Eve, broke on 31 March and introduced the strapline, 'That's the Plus'.
Google+ launched in June last year and now claims to have 100 million monthly active users and 50 million daily users.
Obi Felton, director of consumer marketing for Google EMEA, recently told Marketing that the Google+ was "often misunderstood" and was not a destination, but a "layer to the whole of Google to make it more social."
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Powerpoint and Infographics presentation designer 30 to 40k+ Digital Gurus £30 - £45 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...