Starbucks to roll out coffee machines
Starbucks is aping rival Costa Coffee by rolling out thousands of coffee vending machines, called Starbucks On The Go.
Starbucks: readies UK machine roll out
The first machines will be introduced in four Sainsbury's stores next week. They will then be installed at petrol stations, followed by a country-wide roll out. Starbucks said it was initially just being rolled out on a trial basis.
The move marks a significant push by Starbucks into a new area and comes just 18 months after Costa bought Coffee Nation, which operates 900 coffee machines.
The Starbucks On The Go machines will make the coffee in less than a minute and offer more than 200 different drinks.
The vending machine has a touchscreen interface, which allows customers to play a game while waiting for their coffee.
All Starbuck's Tall drinks will cost £2.10 and Grande will be priced at £2.40. Extra shots and syrups will not cost extra.
The move comes at a busy time for Starbucks. In July, Starbucks announced it was launching a chilled coffee product called Refresha and a range of commercial tie-ups.
In an interview with Marketing, Starbucks' top UK marketer Ian Cranna described how the Starbucks brands is changing and evolving to compete with market leader Costa and McDonald's.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex