The Times latest publisher to use Aurasma AR technology
News International has teamed up with Gap and Clinique to run augmented reality advertising in The Times newspaper, as the publisher moves to tap into the growing number of consumers accessing content via smartphones or tablet computers.
The Times: augmented reality advertising featured in today's T2 supplement
In the Times supplement, T2 today (19 September), there is exclusive material available only to readers who have downloaded the Aurasma app to their smartphone or tablet computers.
These readers can access exclusive video content and buy products directly off the page, when they scan the pages with the app.
Heat magazine and a number of other brands such as Tesco have also used the Aurasma technology.
News International is running the augmented reality piece of advertising to coincide with London Fashion Week.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London