Power 100 Next Generation: Maria Betés, retail category marketing manager, Sony Europe
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
CV standouts: The Marketing Academy picked her as one of its 2011 scholars and she won the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Female Fast Track Marketer of the Year award.
Proudest project: In her last role she was responsible for driving traffic and sales through the website, contact centre and Sony Centre stores. Sales increased by more than 50% and her eCRM campaign strategy doubled average open rates.
Advice to even younger self: ‘Don’t see your career as a linear path. With this mindset, you can be more open to opportunities and not afraid to take risks.’
What the boss says: ‘She has been behind major successes for our brand’.
Background: Studied business and chose the world of marketing because she wanted an exciting and challenging career and it hasn’t let her down: ‘There is never a dull moment and always room to be creative as we try and keep up with and get ahead of the trends.’
Job in 10 years time: ‘It’s not about the job title. I want to be working for an exciting marketing-led company in a strategic role that is interesting and challenging.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)