Power 100 Next Generation: Maria Betés, retail category marketing manager, Sony Europe
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
CV standouts: The Marketing Academy picked her as one of its 2011 scholars and she won the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Female Fast Track Marketer of the Year award.
Proudest project: In her last role she was responsible for driving traffic and sales through the website, contact centre and Sony Centre stores. Sales increased by more than 50% and her eCRM campaign strategy doubled average open rates.
Advice to even younger self: ‘Don’t see your career as a linear path. With this mindset, you can be more open to opportunities and not afraid to take risks.’
What the boss says: ‘She has been behind major successes for our brand’.
Background: Studied business and chose the world of marketing because she wanted an exciting and challenging career and it hasn’t let her down: ‘There is never a dull moment and always room to be creative as we try and keep up with and get ahead of the trends.’
Job in 10 years time: ‘It’s not about the job title. I want to be working for an exciting marketing-led company in a strategic role that is interesting and challenging.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)