Kellogg's and United Biscuits trial mobile cashback scheme
Kellogg's and United Biscuits are backing a new mobile couponing service that allows users to scan receipts to receive cashback.
Shopitize: Kellogg's and United Biscuits trial mobile couponing service via app
The Shopitize app, which is available on iOS and Android devices, enables users to scan their shopping receipts and receive discounts from participating partners.
As part of the deal, users will receive 50% cashback on the price of products including McVitie's Jaffa Cakes, Special K and Crunchy Nut cereals.
Consumers will receive cashback via PayPal or cheque. It launches with the brands this week and will be promoted via iTunes and Android Marketplace, as well on tech review sites.
Shopitize claims that brands will be able to offer consumers more targeted deals and offers, based on shopping behaviour, as more users sign up to its app.
Mobile payments and couponing is gaining traction in the UK, particularly with the increase in consumers seeking to purchase items on smartphones and looking for paperless transactions.
Google offers a paperless coupon service through its Google Offers mobile payments. However, this is yet to launch in the UK. O2 launched a similar service earlier this year.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London