Nokia targets Spotify with premium music service
Nokia is taking aim at Spotify with the introduction of a premium paid-subscription service as part of its free-streaming mobile music offering.
Nokia: launches Nokia Music+ service
The mobile manufacturer has launched its Nokia Music+ service for a monthly subscription fee of £3.99, undercutting the £9.99 monthly subscription for Spotify's premium service.
Nokia will continue to run its free Mix Radio streaming service, which allows users to stream music from pre-defined playlists, and will run the premium Nokia Music+ service as an optional extra.
The premium option will allow users to skip tracks an unlimited amount of times and download an unlimited amount of playlists, having previously been limited to four "mixes" via Mix Radio.
Nokia Music+ will roll out in the next few weeks and will also give users the option to access the service via their desktops through a web-app, which can also be accessed via smart TVs and other connected screens.
Jyrki Rosenberg, vice-president of entertainment at Nokia, said: "People love Nokia Mix Radio – it's the only smartphone music service out there offering access to millions of songs out of the box, without the need to sign up, sign in, or suffer adverts in between enjoying the music.
"Nokia Music is great for discovering new music, and we've found that there's a core of users that want even more of it. This is how Nokia Music+ came about. By introducing features like infinite skips and unlimited downloads, we're opening the doors for unlimited music discovery at only €3.99 per month."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London