BlackBerry 10 launches as RIM rebrands
It is months late, but today Research In Motion has finally launched its BlackBerry 10 operating system and changed its name officially to BlackBerry.
BlackBerry 10: company unveils new phones
The phone maker officially announced it is changing its name from Research in Motion to BlackBerry as it launched its new phones this afternoon.
Chief executive Thorsten Heins introduced two new BlackBerry phones the Q10 with its traditional Qwerty keyboard, and the touch screen Z10.
Of the Z10, Heins said: "This is the most beautiful BlackBerry we have ever launched. I can't wait for you to try it out. We knew a large beautiful display was important. This is the window into the BlackBerry 10 experience."
According to BlackBerry, the new devices and BlackBerry 10 software were designed together. At the core of the BlackBerry Z10 is BlackBerry Flow, which refers to the fact that you don't have to seek information on your device. Instead, it's delivered to you within thumb reach, so you can take action quickly and easily.
Both new phones come with a faster browser and a range of new apps that were not previously available.
The BlackBerry Z10 is has a specially designed screen for precise touch input, so typing on the BlackBerry keyboard can be faster and more accurate. The BlackBerry Z10 screen also uses the latest technology to ensure images are sharp, clear and incredibly vivid.
Take a look at the new phones as detailed in our Storify from today's press conference.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...