BT to sponsor 'London Live' Olympic entertainment events
BT is to sponsor a series of live screenings and music concerts at Hyde Park, taking place under the 'London Live' banner, during this summer's Olympics.
London Live: taking place at London's Hyde Park and Victoria Park
‘London Live’, which will take place every day of the Games, will also include live music, sports and entertainment events in Victoria Park and Trafalgar Square.
BT signed a deal in 2009 to become the official telecommunications partner of London 2012 at a reported cost of £80m. It is understood to be backing the Hyde Park event at a cost of £150,000 per day. Negotiations for the other venues are believed to be ongoing, with other sponsors, including Lloyds TSB, involved as well as BT.
BBC coverage of the Olympics will be broadcast on big screens in Hyde Park and Victoria Park from 27 July to 12 August, while screens in Trafalgar Square will show Channel 4’s Paralympic coverage from 29 August to 9 September. BT and Sainsbury’s are joint sponsors of the latter’s programming.
Visitors to the London Live sites will be able to try out Olympic and Paralympic sports in participation zones.
Live music from big-name acts will take place each evening. Admission will be free, except for the concerts celebrating the Games’ opening and closing ceremonies.
BT declined to comment on plans for the event when contacted. London Live is being held in partnership with The Mayor of London’s office, The Royal Parks and Tower Hamlets council. None of these bodies had responded to requests for comment at the time of going to press.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...