VIDEO: British Gas must focus on "building trust" in bicentenial year, says Orr
British Gas marketing director Will Orr said the company must work on building "trust and affection" with its millions of consumers as it turns 200.
Will Orr, marketing director, British Gas
Orr's first focus is on simplifying processes and making communications more clear.
"It's about simplifying things for our customers," said Orr. "We're simplifying our tarrifs and our bill" as the company shifts its focus from door-to-door sales to selling at conferences and events.
Answering Marketing's quick-fire questions, Orr gave his advice to graduates and aspiring marketers, saying: "Get a really good grip on digital [and] get a job at a company that really values marketing...so that you know that marketing is going to be front and centre of what that company does".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...