Virgin Media to interrupt Yeo Valley ad during Brit breaks
Virgin Media is to stage a "takeover" of spots by Yeo Valley during tonight's (21 February) Brit Awards coverage on ITV1.
Virgin Media...interrupting other ads
The media company will first interrupt Yeo Valley’s TV ad with an image of an online buffering wheel, familiar to computer users.
Yeo Valley’s ad resumes and freezes again before asking viwers why they put up with buffering online when they wouldn’t with TV. A Citroen ad will be given similar treatment during other programming.
Fifty6, the joint venture between Manning Gottlieb OMD and Goodstuff that launched last year to service the Virgin Media business, has planned and delivered the media activity.
Andrew Stephens, the joint managing director of Fifty6, said: "We’ve worked across brands and agencies to make this happen and are delighted to have unveiled the campaign during the Brit Awards, one of the year’s TV highlights."
Jeff Dodds, the executive director of brand and marketing communications at Virgin Media, said: "The unexpected interruption to primetime brings home the message that viewers shouldn’t settle for buffering on TV or online."
The Brit Awards airs on ITV1 at 8pm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- POS Account Manager Creative Recruitment £30000 per annum, East Midlands
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...