Plusnet drops Yorkshire from strapline
Broadband provider Plusnet is changing its strapline from "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" to "we'll do you proud".
Despite the switch, the company is not moving its customer service operation from Yorkshire and will again feature straight-talking Northern character Joe and the Plusnet brass band in its next ad campaign.
It first used "good honest broadband from Yorkshire" in 2010 after appointing Karmarama as its retained advertising agency.
The company's product line-up includes home phone as well as broadband and Plusnet hopes the new strapline will highlight the strength of its service.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "This is our promise to do right by our customers and our people.
"We believe in straightforward and honest conversation, nothing has changed from this perspective but we’re keen to build awareness of our growing product portfolio, nationwide availability and award winning customer services."
Its latest ad will promote its half-price broadband for six months offer for new customers and will allude to its recent recommendation by Which?
The ad by Karmarama airs today. Media was planned and bought by Maxus with a terrestrial upweight in the North of England.
Plusnet was launched in 2000 and was acquired by BT in 2007.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London
- Junior Account Manager and Account Manager air recruitment Up to £28K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager and Account Director (TV Experts) air recruitment £38K-£55K (dependent on experience) plus benefits, Central London