Trading places: this week's people moves
Katherine Paterson departs from B&Q, while VCCP promotes its managing director Michael Sugden to chief executive of VCCP London, in this week's round-up of people moves across advertising, marketing and media.
Katherine Paterson: resigns as marketing director for B&Q
VCCP has restructured its management team with the creation of the first dedicated board for VCCP London. The former managing director of VCCP, Michael Sugden, has been promoted to chief executive of VCCP London, and the role of managing director will be filled by Andrew Peake, the former head of account management. VCCP London's other management board members are the vice-chairman, Julian Douglas, the recently hired executive planning director, Michael Lee, and the executive creative director, Darren Bailes. The two creative directors, Colin Byrne and Jim Capp, also joined the board in a bid to strengthen the agency's creative output. (Campaign)
Vodafone Group has appointed former Mini marketer Barbara Haase as its group brand director, replacing Clare Sheikh who is leaving the company. Her appointment follows Marketing's report of tensions within Vodafone’s marketing team after Sheikh had felt it "necessary to highlight issues with senior management – even if these were likely to prove uncomfortable". (Marketing)
Katherine Paterson, marketing director at B&Q, has resigned, citing "personal reasons" for her departure in the next few weeks. Brand director David Hutchinson is taking over as interim marketing director. (Marketing)
Ian Symes is leaving Cisco Systems to take up a role with talent consultancy Right Management. Symes headed up marketing for the brand's UK and Ireland business and led Cisco's sponsorship of London 2012. (Marketing)
Julian Lloyd Evans, managing director of advertising at Dennis Publishing, has been appointed chairman of the PPA Marketing board, replacing Matt Teeman. (Media Week)
MediaCom Sport has appointed Ken Crease, the former managing director of Sport Media Group, to lead its Moscow office. (Media Week)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Groovy & Grails Developer - £35k - Central London Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + travel perks :), London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...