US sportswear brand Under Armour targets Europe with MTV show
Under Armour, the sports apparel brand, is preparing to launch its first major European marketing push as it attempts to grow brand awareness outside the US.
Under Armour: brand ambassadors include Welsh rugby star Jamie Roberts
It plans to air a branded-content series on MTV called New Battles, New Armour in the coming weeks.
It will feature Under Armour’s brand ambassadors, who include Welsh rugby star Jamie Roberts and QPR footballer Bobby Zamora.
They will be shown training with unexpected partners, such as a Shaolin warrior monk. A social-media push will support the series.
The brand aims to gain recognition in the UK when it becomes the kit supplier for Tottenham Hotspur FC next season under a five-year deal.
Blair Tripodi, Under Armour’s EMEA managing director, said it would use the ‘New Battles, New Armour’ campaign to activate the sponsorship.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Programmatic Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London