Starbucks gets friendly with animated spot
Starbucks is hoping to reach six million people tonight (13 March) with a TV ad that uses animation and a friendly Liverpudlian voiceover to inspire its customers to introduce themselves to their barista.
The campaign has been conceived by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO copywriter Matt Welch and art director Simon Welch.
The 60-second ad will run during Channel 4's 'Big Fat Gypsy Weddings', having already been pushed out to Starbucks' 530,000 Facebook fans and 15,400 Twitter followers.
As an animation plays out on the side of a coffee cup on the counter of a Starbucks outlet, the voiceover begins with, "Have you noticed how everything seems a little impersonal nowadays?".
It goes on to explain that Starbucks wants to call customers by name and suggests, "Why don't we buy you a coffee tomorrow and you can introduce yourself."
It ends, "We're Starbucks. Nice to meet you."
The directors were Hoku Uchimaya and Adam Bolt, production was by Partizan and post-production by Partizanlab.
Media planning and buying is handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The campaign will be amplified by press ads tomorrow in Metro, Times, Independent, Guardian, i, Evening Standard, and City AM
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London