VW delays Beetle campaign due to production difficulties
Volkswagen has been forced to delay the launch of an ad campaign to promote its latest Beetle model, citing difficulties in supplying UK customers with the vehicle.
VW Beetle: struggling to keep up with customer demand
The marque has rolled out a TV ad, by DDB UK, in several countries already, but it is now not expected to screen in the UK until the summer.
The clip features a cover of The Monkees’ hit I’m a Believer by US band Smashmouth, and shows footage of the classic Beetle before cutting to the latest model. The ads use the line ‘They say if you are good in one life, you are rewarded in the next’.
According to a VW spokesman, the manufacturer is struggling to cope with a‘large amount of orders’ at its Mexican assembly plant, which also produces the Jetta, a model that is particularly popular in North America.
VW dedicated this year’s Super Bowl TV ad, ‘The dog strikes back’, to the Beetle. The ad again included Star Wars character Darth Vader. The Beetle first went on sale in the UK in 1953.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...