Tim Davie to head BBC Worldwide
Tim Davie, the BBC's director of audio and music, is to become chief executive of BBC Worldwide, succeeding John Smith who is leaving the corporation after 23 years
Tim Davie: appointed to succeed John Smith as chief executive of BBC Worldwide
The move is part of a shake-up announced by BBC director general George Entwistle.
Davie has been the BBC's director of audio and music since 2008, prior to which he was director of BBC's marketing, communications and audience division. He is also a former PepsiCo marketer.
During his tenure, John Smith has overseen an expansion in the size and operations of the organisation's commercial arm.
He presided over BBC Worldwide's domestic and international TV services, such as BBC America and the global expansion of the 'Doctor Who' franchise, the BBC.com website, and its magazine operations, which have now been sold off.
The bulk of the revenue at BBC Worldwide comes from its TV brands such as 'Doctor Who' and 'Top Gear'.
Prior to his time as BBC Worldwide chief executive, Smith was the BBC's chief operating officer and finance director.
Davie will take over as chief executive from December.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...