McDonald's revives Monopoly-theme promotion with digital gaming functionality
McDonald's is reviving its Monopoly-themed promotion, this time offering customers the chance to win cash and product prizes via mobile devices.
McDonald's: launches digital-gaming version of McDonald's Monopoly promotion
Now into its eighth year, McDonald's Monopoly Fortunes rolls out today and will run across UK restaurants for six weeks.
Where previously the game could only be played on a paper "peel-and-play" game board, McDonald's is now offering customers the chance to play through mobile and tablet devices by entering a unique code from each sticker onto a virtual game board.
Prizes range from £50,000 in cash and Honda Civic cars, to millions of McDonald's food products. The fast-food chain has also tied up with Best Western to offer more than 1,200 breaks to winning customers.
As part of the game, McDonald's is bringing four products back to its menu, including the Quarter Pounder Deluxe and Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry.
McDonald's will support the return of Monopoly with an ad campaign, by Leo Burnett, spanning TV, outdoor, digital and point-of-sale. The TV ad, in 20- and 30-second formats, will show Mr Monopoly protecting the fortunes in his futuristic lair.
The brand will also promote the game through digital channels, with a YouTube homepage takeover and updates on its McDonald's UK Facebook page. Media and digital ads were bought by OMD.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...