Saga aims for class in cruise spot
Gleaming cutlery, a smart chauffeur and a brassy soundtrack combine in a new TV spot for Saga cruises, the first work created by VCCP for the brand.
The ad consists of a montage of scenes showing Saga cruise staff preparing their ship and a couple taking a chauffeur service to their holiday, set to the jazzy 'I'm Just a Lucky So and So' by Tony Bennett.
Ending with the strapline, "Nothing is too much trouble", it was copywritten and art-directed by Martin Galton, and directed by Stuart Rideout for production company RSA.
The brief was to break the ingrained cultural associations that society has about age and about Saga.
Saga Group awarded VCCP its £32m integrated advertising account following an internal review towards the end of last year.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Brand Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Hitchin
- Director of Brand & Marketing Communications Three £Excellent + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead
- European Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London