Thomas Cook plots marketing overhaul with new appointment
Thomas Cook is planning a fresh ad campaign, as it looks to bounce back from its recent financial crisis.
Thomas Cook: hired Euro RSCG to integrated account
The embattled tour operator, which two weeks ago posted a £398m full-year loss, aims to develop a more integrated approach to its marketing. Thomas Cook UK and Ireland marketing director Michael Johnson has hired ad agency Euro RSCG to handle its newly integrated ad account.
The brand is expected to unveil a revamped business strategy in the next week, led by chief executives Ian Ailles and Phil Aird-Mash.
Thomas Cook’s latest marketing drive, which broke on Boxing Day, has a ‘destination focus’. Promoting its top five summer destinations – the Balearic Islands, Canaries, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey – the ads offer discounted summer holidays alongside a ‘cheapest price guarantee’.
The operator had previously decided to drop brand ambassadors Jamie and Louise Redknapp from its campaigns.
Last year, Thomas Cook issued three profit warnings and had to solicit an extra £100m loan from its banks.
Euro RSCG was able to pick up the account as a result of ending its relationship with private airline CityJet, which it had worked with since 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...