Thomas Cook plots marketing overhaul with new appointment
Thomas Cook is planning a fresh ad campaign, as it looks to bounce back from its recent financial crisis.
Thomas Cook: hired Euro RSCG to integrated account
The embattled tour operator, which two weeks ago posted a £398m full-year loss, aims to develop a more integrated approach to its marketing. Thomas Cook UK and Ireland marketing director Michael Johnson has hired ad agency Euro RSCG to handle its newly integrated ad account.
The brand is expected to unveil a revamped business strategy in the next week, led by chief executives Ian Ailles and Phil Aird-Mash.
Thomas Cook’s latest marketing drive, which broke on Boxing Day, has a ‘destination focus’. Promoting its top five summer destinations – the Balearic Islands, Canaries, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey – the ads offer discounted summer holidays alongside a ‘cheapest price guarantee’.
The operator had previously decided to drop brand ambassadors Jamie and Louise Redknapp from its campaigns.
Last year, Thomas Cook issued three profit warnings and had to solicit an extra £100m loan from its banks.
Euro RSCG was able to pick up the account as a result of ending its relationship with private airline CityJet, which it had worked with since 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Web Analyst Zebra People £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, City of London