STA strikes deal with 'gap travel' community website
STA Travel, the youth travel provider, has signed a strategic partnership with Gap Daemon, a new community and advice site for travellers, to strengthen its position in the "gap travel" market.
Gap Daemon forms partnership with STA Travel
The two businesses will work in partnership to "deliver exclusive value deals" to consumers, using STA’s travel experts to set up a dedicated Gap Daemon Travel Team to provide a "tailor-made flight and booking service" for Gap Daemon members.
STA Travel will in turn gain access to Gap Daemon’s social network, which consumers use before, during, and after their travels to discuss their journeys.
The partnership is launching with a consumer offer for Gap Daemon members, featuring discounted flights and accommodation, in addition to access to travel advice through Gap Daemon’s website and a dedicated STA Travel contact number.
James Capon, chief exectutive of Gap Daemon, said: "STA Travel is synonymous with value, service and knowledge in the minds of young travellers. Here at Gap Daemon we are increasingly seeing young gap travellers using social networks to inform their travel plans, as well as share their travel experiences on the move.
"This use of constant connectivity offers STA Travel a great marketing platform for their services."
In September last year STA Travel signed a four-year partnership with VisitBritain, the UK’s national tourist board, in a £2.8m deal that aims to boost the number of young travellers to the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...