VisitBritain and DCMS in £25m global tourism push
VisitBritain, the marketing body and UK tourism board, and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) today announced the launch of a £25m global marketing push to boost tourism to the UK over the next four years.
DCMS: targets growing markets such as Brazil
The drive is part of DCMS's 'Great' campaign, which aims to drive 4.6 million extra visitors to Britain over that period, which the Government hopes will create an additional £2.3bn in visitor spend.
VisitBritain and DCMS have partnered with MediaCom to create the global TV, outdoor and digital campaign, which will run across 14 cities in nine countries, with internet giant Yahoo secured as the exclusive digital display partner. The campaign itself will run until March 2013.
Jeremy Hunt, secretary of state for culture, Olympics, media and sport said: "We are taking the fight for the tourist pound right to our competitors' doorsteps, with a sales assault on the 14 biggest and most lucrative tourism markets around the world.
"Right across the world, there will be no escape from the message that Britain is great."
Sandie Dawe, VisitBritain chief executive, added that the events of 2012, including the Olympic Games and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, provided a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a solid tourism legacy".
The cities targeted by the campaign are: Beijing, Berlin, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mumbai, New Delhi, New York, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...