AOL partners Promote Iceland for pan-Euro campaign
AOL has partnered with tourism body Promote Iceland to see the launch of its first branded blog, in a cross-platform pan-European marketing campaign that aims to raise awareness of Iceland as a year-round holiday destination.
Huffington Post: runs Iceland campaign
The 'Inspired by Iceland' campaign launches today and will run across AOL sites – The Huffington Post, MyDaily, AOL Travel and AOL advertising platforms Advertising.com and goviral.
It brings to life The Huffington Post UK's first branded blog, as part of the new "Inspiration", which offers brands deeper social integration with readers through video, blogs and social media.
The marketing push by The Brooklyn Brothers and Islenska promotes Iceland as a year-round tourism destination and targets affluent consumers.
AOL claims this is the first pan-European marketing effort that integrates "a comprehensive suite of AOL advertising products, content and platforms".
The campaign features: a 12-minute documentary on Iceland, called "Islander", created by Bafta-nominated director Rupert Murray, which is being run on Huffington Post UK's Inspiration page; a trailer for the documentary, distributed across goviral; the first live camera feed on display advertising format Project Devil; and sponsored content.
Noel Penzer, managing director UK & vice president, International, The Huffington Post Media Group, said: "Inspired by Iceland will engage prospective consumers with AOL's full suite of creative solutions and innovative platforms.
"Working hand-in-hand with the client and agencies from the outset, we've been able to push the envelope in our creative efforts in delivering a campaign that's groundbreaking and sure to make an impact with our users."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...