Carnival Cruises recruits Peter Serafinowicz for debut UK campaign
Carnival Cruises has recruited comedian Peter Serafinowicz to voice the brand's first UK ad campaign, in a move to communicate a fun and humorous image.
The campaign by Karmarama launched this week. It features a series of spots with a "Switch on fun" button placed at the heart of a mundane situation.
The humorous ads feature British couples and families looking apprehensively at each other before flicking the switch and being transported to a sunny cruise holiday.
Each ad ends with a price promotion and the "Switch on fun" strapline, which comes under the brand’s overall "Fun for all. All for fun" messaging.
Adolfo Perez, managing director at Carnival Cruise Lines UK, said: "Our new ads are unlike anything you'll see in the travel sector. We looked at what everyone else was doing and knew straight away that we wanted to be different.
"The spots will make you laugh and think about how great it would be to be transported onto one of our floating resorts for the holiday of a lifetime."
Carnival Cruises is a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation, which owns Cunard, P&O Cruises and Costa Cruises.
Carnival UK operates the Cunard and P&O lines, and in September last year, recruited Whitbread marketer Gerard Tempest as its new chief commercial officer, amid a restructure.
The parent company is currently being sued by British passengers and crew members who survived the Costa Concordia disaster in January last year, according to The Daily Telegraph.
At the time, passengers were first offered 30% off future cruises, before being offered £8,900 in damages, which included a clause to halt any further legal action. Some of the British passengers and crew accepted the money, while the majority rejected it and have joined a class action asking for thousands of pounds from the company, the paper reported.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...