M&C Saatchi lands £100m global Etihad ad account
Etihad Airways, the international airline based in Abu Dhabi, has appointed M&C Saatchi Worldwide to handle its £100 million global advertising account.
Etihad: TBWA Worldwide has been replaced on the account
The agency captured the business after a review that began in October last year. M&C Saatchi, once British Airways’ agency of record, won a pitch that also involved Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
TBWA Worldwide was the previous incumbent and had held the account since 2005. The agency created Etihad’s recent TV campaign promoting its first-class suite and business-class flat bed, using the strapline: "From Abu Dhabi to the world."
M&C Saatchi will service the account from its London office as well as set up a new hub in Abu Dhabi.
The ad review follows investment by the airline in building its brand through sport tie-ups. Etihad, which was launched in 2003, signed last year as the main shirt sponsor of Manchester City Football Club in a ten-year, £400 million deal.
As part of the deal, the club’s ground was renamed the Etihad Stadium, with financial support given to a nearby sporting facility, to be named the Etihad Campus.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London