My Secret Work Weapon: Be true to your core proposition in everything you do
My secret work weapon is to always keep your core brand proposition in mind.
Our strapline is 'Hotels with personality' and that's all about doing things differently and celebrating that our hotels are independent.
What's most important is making our guests' stay with us enjoyable. So everything we do has to refer back to that, from the customers' perspective. At every point you have to ask 'does this deliver the core brand proposition?' and 'is this different from what everyone else is doing?'
If the answer is 'no', you have to look at how you add that in, or you may have to start again and think about it in a different way.
This applies across the whole company.
We started taking this approach two years ago and it's now a full, businesswide strategy; it's about adding colour and life to everything.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...