Budget brand Ibis revamps to take on Travelodge and Premier Inn
Accor, the French hotelier behind the Ibis, Novotel and Sofitel brands, is overhauling the proposition for its budget and mid-range hotels to meet changing consumer demand.
Accor: rebranding Ibis hotel range
Accor aims to increase its UK market share and take on market leaders Travelodge and Premier Inn with an overhaul of its Ibis, All Seasons and Etap Hotel brands.
They will be relaunched as three sub-brands within one portfolio: mid-range Ibis Hotels, the more upmarket Ibis Styles, and value-led Ibis Budget. The rebranded hotels will roll out across Europe by early 2013.
A supporting marketing campaign will be launched across Europe this week, with UK-specific advertising, created by BETC London, breaking next month.
Grégoire Champetier, global chief marketing officer for Accor, said the company is looking to find a ‘new identity and personality’ for its hotels.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...