Budget brand Ibis revamps to take on Travelodge and Premier Inn
Accor, the French hotelier behind the Ibis, Novotel and Sofitel brands, is overhauling the proposition for its budget and mid-range hotels to meet changing consumer demand.
Accor: rebranding Ibis hotel range
Accor aims to increase its UK market share and take on market leaders Travelodge and Premier Inn with an overhaul of its Ibis, All Seasons and Etap Hotel brands.
They will be relaunched as three sub-brands within one portfolio: mid-range Ibis Hotels, the more upmarket Ibis Styles, and value-led Ibis Budget. The rebranded hotels will roll out across Europe by early 2013.
A supporting marketing campaign will be launched across Europe this week, with UK-specific advertising, created by BETC London, breaking next month.
Grégoire Champetier, global chief marketing officer for Accor, said the company is looking to find a ‘new identity and personality’ for its hotels.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire