Furlong is top marketer at Europcar as Kempston moves to Travelodge
Europcar, the car hire company, has appointed Andy Furlong as its new director of marketing and ecommerce, replacing Catriona Kempston who quit the car hire brand to join budget hotel chain Travelodge six months ago.
Europcar: the extra hour by Ogilvy and Mather
Furlong joins from Travelhorizon Group, the European mountain holidays company, where he was chief marketing officer.
He will report to Ken McCall, managing director of Europcar UK Group.
Furlong replaces Kempston, who moved to Travelodge six months ago for an interim period. This week she was confirmed by the brand as the new sales and marketing director.
At Europcar, Kempston built a consumer marketing department and led the brand's relaunch last year, following the company's merger with National and Alamo. Prior to this, Kempston was head of brand marketing at Premier Inn for three years.
At Travelodge, Kempston will report to chief executive Grant Hearn, and is tasked with developing the brand while growing revenue through sales and marketing channels.
Travelodge has had an unsettling year so far – from its financial restructure to its chief executive checking out, the budget hotel brand will need new measures to ensure the business stays competitive in the price-led market.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...