Power 100 Next Generation: Neil Potter, brand communications manager, Nike
Marketing, in association with Engine, profiles 30 of the brightest and best young marketers in the UK today.
Nike's Neil Potter
What the agency says: ‘He’s dedicated to the brand and has the courage to take risks.’
Success beyond years and peers: He led on Nike’s UK football activity this year, with responsibility for the pioneering Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney films, part of the 'My Time is Now' campaign. Last year he ran the Champions League 'Glory is Ours' campaign, which started in the UK and went global.
Brand passion: ‘I'm a sports-nut, so working for Nike was something I had always dreamed of. I now consider it a personal insult if any of my friends or family wear clothing or trainers from a competitor sports brand.’
Advice to even younger self: ‘Learn as much as you can from everyone around you.’
Proudest project: ‘The tactical campaign we created around Rooney's comeback to the England squad during the Euro Championships this summer.’
Background: Studied business at university and was attracted to marketing because of the mix between business and creativity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London