Switzerland Tourism drops ice blocks around London
Switzerland Tourism is inviting travellers to "celebrate the wonder of Switzerland" with an experiential campaign that has installed blocks of ice around London.
Switzerland Tourism: rolls out ice block activity
The campaign launches today and continues until 29 November. It has been created by independent agency The Minimart.
Each ice block has been hewn as if cut from a Swiss glacier or mountainside and will represent one of the five ski regions of Switzerland – The Alps of Lake Geneva, Graubunden, Valais, Engleberg, and Central Switzerland and Bernese Oberland.
Every block contains an object that represents a region. Each object is surrounded by 75 Swiss flag cards that have been printed with a unique code. The multi-sensory, interactive installation invites the public to physically connect with it and the sounds of Switzerland that run through it, while publicising some of the country's world-class skiing destinations.
If members of the public manage to free one of the Swiss flag cards by melting the ice around it, they will be eligible to win a prize, such as chocolate, skiing equipment, flights with Swiss International Air Lines, and a winter holiday to that region.
Instructors from the Swiss Ski and Snowboard Schools will be on hand at each ice cube "drop" to hand out information packs.
In addition, each block's arrival and location will be announced the night before in the London Evening Standard and on the website, MySwitzerland.com/winter2012.
Ed Chilcott, creative partner at the Minimart, said: "Our aim from the start has been to engage people in a new way, to cut through the noise surrounding skiing at this time of year and deliver a genuinely unique Swiss experience to the consumer."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...